Saturday, January 20

Pan's Labrynth

We went to the opening of Pan's Labyrinth (El Labrintino Del Fauno) in Minneapolis last night. After waiting outside in the lower-than 10 degree weather for around a half hour, we waltzed into the Landmark in Uptown and found seats front row, center.

When I went to Sundance in 2005, I found one of the best strategies for having a good movie experience in a crowded theater was to just head for the front. People always think they do not want to sit that close, but they do not think about the fact that if they don't sit that close, they will be spending more than an hour watching a film through the frame of the head of the person in front of them.

It was also one of the best ways to get three seats together. The added benefit was that I had a great spot for photographing, Doug Jones, who plays the faun in the film, as he introduced it. Gorgeous warm lighting pouring out of spotlights on the stage produced some fun images:




Doug Jones played the Mac Moon Man in the once famous Macdonald's commercials. Here he is, impersonating his old character:



I suppose I can cross meeting the Mac Moon Man of my list of Things I Wanted To Do When I Was Four =).

No comments: