Monday, May 18

Chariot's Maiden Vogage: Sherburne National Wildlife Refuge




Joe has been playing basketball Tuesday nights, so Truman and I have been taking day trips fondly refered to as adventure Tuesdays.

Last Tuesday Truman and I took our new bike trailer (called a chariot) out for it's maiden trip — a jaunt around the Sherburne National Wildlife Refuge. Intense gusts of wind and the slippery sandy trail cut out trip short, but we did get a chance to stop and eat lunch near the eagle's nest. I think I need to do some longer paved drives before I attempt this again, but the trip was still exciting. I found an eagle look-out point and we saw a huge snake. SSSSSssssss is Truman's favorite animal sound, probably because it's also our sound effect for peeing.

Hmm, he must think snakes are always peeing.
























2 comments:

Joseph J Walsh said...

You both look like you had a wonderful time! That snake was large. Looking forward to getting in on the biking action (and pulling T for you).

Heather W said...

Those bottom two pictures of the both of you are just precious! I love the concept of Adventure Tuesdays :) What a nice way to break up with week with something exciting!