Friday, July 31

Mill City Adventure Tuesday

\





I met up with my friends Pat and Heather for an educational Adventure Tuesday at the Mill City Museum, where we were treated to this gorgeous view of the river. After watching me snapping away with my lens nudged against the glass, the tour guide kindly pointed me onto a balcony. My lens and I were thankful; these were the result:













The museum, housed in the old Gold Medal Flour mill, offered more than just a pretty view. We learned a lot about the history of the mill and Minneapolis. Did you know that for a while Minneapolis milled more flour than anywhere else in the world? There were lots of hands-on activities geared toward older children; Truman's favorites involved water (no surprise). We also road the excitingly named "flour tower," which was a lot less like the Power Tower than some would hope, but much less nauseating.

In fact, we left the museum hungry, on our way to The Spaghetti Factory for lunch.







This is what I would look like if I were insane, but enthusiastic (notice the thumbs up?) living in a giant field of wheat:




This is what it looks like when play food at a play dinner table is inexplicably glued together and you try to indulge in a nice slice of felt bread while your child wonders where their bread is:




Not enough pictures of me looking crazy for you? After the museum, Pat and Heather headed home and we went to visit my friend Vanessa, where I became a robot:



Or maybe an iPod, depending on your preference.

2 comments:

Heather W said...

SUCH a fun day! We should continue this tradition in the future! I like Adventure Tuesdays

Derrick said...

Sure... nobody invites Derrick. Boo!