Monday, October 22

Fire update

I got an update from my brother this morning.

Though fires are still raging strong in SoCal, the fire has passed my dad's house. As of 9 a.m. it was on its way to the town of Ramona, though Santa Ana winds are pushing it along quickly.

He's still alone up at his ranch, but he's just putting out small ash fires and doesn't have to worry about any big ones right now.

As long as we're all thinking positive thoughts, think a few for Brett's parents, who were visiting Brett and Amy in Iowa when the area they live in was evacuated.

With Santa Ana winds still raging, its difficult to fight the fires, which my brother said had now become four separate fires. They suspect the one that threatened by dad's house was caused by a downed power line, my brother said. He also said the 30-50 mph wind is so fierce that helicopters are unable to drop flame retardant on the fire.


No comments: