Wednesday, February 11

Elegant Troll Hat




I finished my first cabled hat (well, my first cabled anything) last night. The pattern called for Bulky weight yarn, but I found some really cool Super Bulky weight yarn and figured, "how much bigger can it end up being?"

It turned out a little big, but absolutely beautiful and warmer than it would have been in lighter weight yarn. Joe thinks it looks like something a big forest troll would wear, but the cables make it elegant. It's the Elegant Troll Hat.







I believe this hat's destiny is to live on the head of Marian, my mother-in-law, if she so desires. It is extremely cozy and should be able to keep her head nice and toasty.

3 comments:

Erin and Robert said...

Who knew "elegant" and "troll" could ever go together? Only you, my friend. Only you.

Anonymous said...

Marian says she would be delighted to accept the cable hat.
Marian

Heather W said...

Oh my gosh, Brooke! I LOVE the hat! If you get the urge to make another one, possibly in a shade of blue or purple or green, I would be more than willing to model it for you all over Kasson and Rochester :)