Thursday, December 28

More Winter Wonderment

I was driving to work today behind a truck hauling thin boxes of things stacked on top of each other. Each was wrapped in pepto-pink plastic. Little pebbles started falling off of the truck and, because I was driving the new car, I started getting nervous that one would crack the windshield or dent the car.

By the time I could finally get into another lane to pass the truck I started to realize that the pebbles were made of ice. Little and big chunks were slidding off of the plastic encasing to meet their doom on the pavement below. As they hit the road each shattered into many small pebbles that then bounced toward my car. For a few mintues, it was entrancing to watch.

I wonder when the novelty of winter will wear off. (Probably as soon as I realize that winter does not end in December or January.)

No comments: